1:30 pm – 4:30 pm | Pre-Conference Tutorial | Room: Florentine I & II
Planning Your Digital Strategy
Presented by: Jim Sinur
Digital disruption will be a new way of life for many organizations, so getting out in front of your digital transformation is the first step to obviating the risk of digital. In fact the best organizations will seize the opportunity to put a plan in place for their digital transformation understanding that things will change during an incremental transformation to digital. This plan should be as inclusive as possible, but there will be a minimum core to deliver for digital success. This tutorial will run you through all the components of a digital transformation plan and hep you decide which pieces are right for your organization plus discuss the alternatives to transformation to digital. Digital transformation is your organizations 21st century mandate. Come prepared to dig in and create an initial target architecture and alternative transformation approaches to get that target. A target that leverages BPM driven process excellence and great decisions.
- Learn the meaning of what it means to be digital
- Learn what principles and trends that are driving digital to innovation
- Learn what a target digital plan looks like and the typical inputs
- What are the digital competencies and skills list to add to your organization to create digital and operational excellence?
- Explore many of the current and future digital technologies including digital business platforms.
- Explore the alternative approaches to digital transformation
- Hear about spot digital successes and successful transformations in progress
VP and Research Fellow
Jim Sinur joined Aragon Research in 2016 as a Vice President and Research Fellow. As a distinguished Thought Leader, he covers Digital Transformation, the Digital Business Platform (DBP), the Internet of Things (IoT), Cognitive Delivery, and the Intelligent Workplace.
Prior to joining Aragon, Mr. Sinur spent 20 years at Gartner, where he was critical in creating the first Hype Cycle and Maturity Model, which have become a hallmark of Gartner analysis, along with the Magic Quadrant. Prior to Gartner, Mr. Sinur was a Director of World Wide Technologies at American Express.