1:30 pm – 4:30 pm | Pre-Conference Tutorial | Room: Timor 1 & 2
Habits to Become a Business Analyst Problem Solving Machine
As business analysts, there are many habits we can adopt for success. This workshop will focus on the seven foundational habits of planning, understanding the real problem, creating SMART requirements, providing value, prioritizing, communication and collaboration and doing better tomorrow what you did well today will change your career. New analysts will be developing these habits and experienced analysts continue to perfect them.
Practice makes perfect to make habits stick and attending this workshop will give hands on practice. Each is a foundational habit to help create better business outcomes.
Work your way through:
- Understanding and creating a business analysis plan
- Defining a structured problem statement to define the real problem.
- Ensuring your requirements are always SMART and free of ambiguity.
- Identifying and focusing on value to prioritize work
- Communicating and collaborating along the journey as part of a high-performance team
- Focusing on continually improving your skills and your techniques
These habits will transform business analysts into highly effective problem solving machines!
- Plan for Success
- Understand the problem
- Creating value
Heather Mylan-Mains, CBAP
BAs Without Borders
Heather is from Des Moines, Iowa. She is a stimulus for change as a mom, a business analyst consultant, a longtime volunteer for IIBA®, currently serving on the Board of Directors. Heather worked as a Business Analyst long before there was a formal title, with a variety of project teams to identify and solve problems and challenges in the financial services, insurance and higher education industries. She has a passion for sharing the power of the Business Analyst role in every business. Heather is a natural collaborator, and engages people at all levels in organizations. Heather has a BA in Accounting from Grand View College and an MBA from Drake University and is a CBAP. Heather consults through her company, BAs Without Borders.
Heather's 2017 Presentations:
- Habits to Become a Business Analyst Problem Solving Machine
Monday, November 6, 2017 (1:30 pm – 4:30 pm)