10:25 am – 11:25 am | Presentation | Room: Oceana 7
Making The Message Stick: Powerful Communication in a Distracted World
Presented by: Adrian Reed
As Business Analysts, we facilitate and lead change. In doing so, a crucial underlying competency that we draw upon is the ability to communicate concisely and precisely with busy stakeholders. More and more stakeholders are distracted by a plethora of issues, e-mails, phone calls and meetings. In this distracted world, how do we make sure that we are heard? How do we make sure that our message sticks and that we inspire action?
In this practical presentation, Adrian Reed shares a range of techniques for presenting and delivering information in a way that will gain attention and cultivate commitment. In this presentation, you will hear:
- The importance of ‘story telling’ in the delivery of projects and change
- How to design a compelling presentation that will grab attention
- Innovative techniques for conveying complex information and ideas
- How a first step of engagement is to be engaging
Attendees Will Learn How To:
- Create a compelling 'message' that stakeholders will remember
- Craft a presentation that draws attention
- Convey complex information and ideas
- The role of 'story telling' in the delivery of projects and change
Principal Consultant / Business Analyst
Blackmetric Business Solutions, Ltd.
Adrian Reed is a true advocate of the analysis profession. In his day job, he acts as Principal Consultant and Director at Blackmetric Business Solutions where he provides business analysis consultancy and training solutions to a range of clients in varying industries. He is Immediate Past President of the UK chapter of the IIBA® and he speaks internationally on topics relating to business analysis and business change.
Adrian's 2017 Presentations:
- Systems Thinking: A Crucial BA Skill in an Uncertain World
Monday, November 6, 2017 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Making The Message Stick: Powerful Communication in a Distracted World
Wednesday, November 8, 2017 (10:25 am – 11:25 am)