3:20 pm – 4:20 pm | Presentation | Room: Forum 3-5
Using Innovation to Drive Cultural Changes
Presented by: Hans Eckman
For most companies, “Innovation” means process improvement or new product development. For SunTrust Bank, Innovation Programs aims to change the culture and enable for all kinds of innovation to happen in every corner of the company. The team delivers a series of innovation contests, grassroots change programs, and cultural exposure efforts to help people see the possibilities. The team is small circus of senior banking and IT leaders combined with the buzzing talent of college interns and recent graduates who create change at a blistering pace and astonishingly low costs. In this session, we’ll lead a discussion on why this model has been successful, examples of the efforts we lead, and lessons learned for future approaches.
What Attendees Will Learn:
- Learn the different approaches to innovation.
- Discover how modified hack-a-thon and Shark Tank-like challenge programs exposed unrealized talent and exceptional ideas.
- Examine how Minimum Viable Products and Design Thinking serve as a backdrop for focused workshops.
- Explore how to harvest Millennial talent and university internships with teams that haven’t learned how to fail.
- Find ways to inject fun and energy into stagnant teams.
Hans Eckman, GVP
Transformation and Strategy Consultant
Hans Eckman provides leadership for rapidly changing companies by creating team optimization solutions across diverse industries. He served as Group Vice President at SunTrust Bank where he helped develop programs and products that drove innovation, process improvement, and quality teammate engagement across the enterprise and helped establish three different Centers of Excellence. Hans helped Blueprint Software Solutions productize their professional services offerings, create a Blueprint Practice (SaaS) operational playbook for clients, and worked with clients to implement Blueprint, Centers of Excellence and Communities of Practice. Hans is a keynote speaker and shares his life simplification tips at conferences at conferences in the US and Canada and on EckmanGuides.com.
Hans's 2016 Presentations:
- Using Innovation to Drive Cultural Changes
Thursday, November 3, 2016 (3:20 pm – 4:20 pm)