3:20 pm – 4:20 pm | Presentation | Room: Forum 6-8
"And Then The Magic Happens": What BAs Can Learn from the World of Magic
Presented by: Adrian Reed
On projects, if often feels like our stakeholders expect us to be magicians. They expect us to carry out high quality work with far less time and resources than we really need. We have a broad and varied toolkit, but sometimes it feels like we need some real magic to make our projects work.
But what if we really could use magic? Or at least the techniques from a magician's toolbox?
In this interactive presentation Adrian Reed explains how a chance meeting with a Magician challenged the way he thought about business analysis. You'll hear:
- A range of techniques from magic, conjuring and mentalism that have parallel applications in the world of business analysis
- The importance of audience management, and what this means for BAs
- How to avoid "magic for magicians" (or "analysis for analysts")
You'll take away practical tips and techniques, whilst seeing some magic tricks too.
What Attendees Will Learn:
- The importance of avoiding 'analysis paralysis'
- Applying Practical Techniques
- The importance of creating a positive project experience for stakeholders
- Building a Toolbox of Techniques
Principal Consultant / Business Analyst
Blackmetric Business Solutions, Ltd.
Adrian Reed is a true advocate of the analysis profession. In his day job, he acts as Principal Consultant and Director at Blackmetric Business Solutions where he provides business analysis consultancy and training solutions to a range of clients in varying industries. He is Immediate Past President of the UK chapter of the IIBA® and he speaks internationally on topics relating to business analysis and business change.
Adrian's 2016 Presentations:
- Strategic Business Analysis: Identifying the Business Need Before the Project Starts
Monday, October 31, 2016 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- "And Then The Magic Happens": What BAs Can Learn from the World of Magic
Thursday, November 3, 2016 (3:20 pm – 4:20 pm)