1:30 pm – 4:30 pm | Pre-Conference Tutorial | Room: Pompeian I & II
Facilitate and Lead Change - The Evolving Role of the Business Analyst
Presented by: Rick Rothermel
- Learn how change management aligns with BABOK requirements
- Understand how the application of a disciplined change management methodology can minimize resistance and accelerate acceptance of change
- Practice the application of foundational change management methodology, processes and tools
- Self-assess their change management competency and design a Personal Development Plan to improve their skill and ability to better serve as a Business Analyst.
- Explore the integration of change management with other business process disciplines, e.g. project management, 6 sigma, lean, etc.
Chief Executive Officer
Rick Rothermel leverages his experience applying the Managed Change™ process witth his expertise in human capital development, process definition, and organizational performance. This unique skill set, coupled with his broad business acumen, enables him to successfully counsel clients as they define and achieve the changes that result in long-term value and bottom-line impact for their organizations.
Well known as an innovative Corporate Learning Officer, business executive, instructional designer and business leader, Rick addresses large and small groups nationally and internationally on the merits of well-managed change and the critical enablers.
By his participation in several national and regional manufacturing user groups and professional associations, Rick provides his fellow LaMarsh & Associates Consultants and our clients with valuable insight into contemporary research initiatives, trends, and emerging business strategies. Rick has been helping his colleagues and clients effectively manage change for more than twenty five-years.
He has extensive experience working in small organizations as well as multi-national corporations, public and private sector businesses, military and government agencies. He supports them as they pursue improved business processes, implement new technologies/systems, enhance or expand their product lines, and enter new and challenging markets.
During his twelve years at Ford Motor Company, Rick has managed large-scale internal and external national and international change projects. He ascended to the position of Chief Learning Officer at Ford, responsible for the Fairlane Training & Development Center in Dearborn, MI. Just prior to joining LaMarsh & Associates, Rick spent three years as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a regional e-learning provider during which he led his team in expanding its business, implementing and transiting to a new platform and upgrading its client satisfaction. Throughout he leveraged his Managed Change™ skills to insure that each project was quickly accepted and adopted by those affected.
Rick's 2016 Presentations:
- Facilitate and Lead Change - The Evolving Role of the Business Analyst
Monday, October 31, 2016 (1:30 pm – 4:30 pm)
- Integrating Change Management Competency Builds Business Capability
Wednesday, November 2, 2016 (10:25 am – 11:25 am)