10:25 am – 11:25 am |
| Room: Cibolo 5
10:25 am – 11:25 am | Presentation | Room: Cibolo 5
Agile Policy Busting
Presented by: Gladys S.W. Lam
Sound business solutions require rethinking the core business guidance and business logic of your problem space. Reshaping or reengineering business processes won’t get you there. Neither will traditional requirements. You need to bust policies and be highly agile about it.
Learn how to develop effective policy solutions for the executives and executable business rules for the operation based on two case studies:
- Executive Business Redesign – This effort, aimed at executives and managers, researches business pain points, then conducts root-cause analysis. Remedies are developed in the form of reinvigorated policies, incentives and disincentives, and executive communications, then roll-out is planned and executed.
- Agile Policy Sprint – This 3-week highly interactive effort teams participants from a broad range of organizational areas, putting policy-makers and SMEs side-by-side with analysts and yes, coders. Three parallel streams of thinking produce interlaced policy, business logic, and code iteratively.
Learn how to:
- guide executives through business redesign
- think ‘policy first, then process’
- define, communicate, measure and gain support for refocused policies
- organize effort to draft policies, write business rules, and create executable code iteratively
Co-Founder & Principal
Business Rule Solutions, LLC
Gladys S.W. Lam is a world-renowned authority on business design. She is Principal and Co-Founder of Business Rule Solutions, LLC (www.BRSolutions.com), the most recognized company world-wide in developing business capabilities based on business architecture and business rules. Based upon her experiences consulting to over two hundred organizations, Ms. Lam developed the landmark BRS methodology with Ronald G. Ross featuring numerous innovative techniques including popular ConceptSpeak™ and RuleSpeak™. She co-authored Building Business Solutions: Business Analysis with Business Rules (2nd Ed.).
Ms. Lam is widely known for her lively, pragmatic style. She speaks and teaches worldwide at conferences and other professional events. She is also Executive Director of the Building Business Capability (BBC) Conference, the official conference of the IIBA®. She also chairs the steering committee for the Business Rules Excellence Awards (BREA). Ms. Lam is Co-Founder of BRCommunity.com, professionals and home of Business Rules Journal.
Ms. Lam is an expert on business project management, having managed numerous large-scale projects across a variety of industries and government organizations. She works comfortably with senior executives and senior management providing insights and advice on business solutions to business problems. She is highly effective with mentoring and training business analysts and other professionals.
Ms. Lam is recognized for her ability to identify the source of business issues, and for her effectiveness in developing pragmatic approaches to resolve them. She has gained a world-class reputation for fostering positive professional relationships with principals and support staff on projects.
Ms. Lam graduated from the University of British Columbia with a B.S. in Computer Science.
Gladys's 2018 Presentations:
- Engineering the Business Solution: How Business Rules, Business Processes, Data, and Requirements Can All Work Together
Tuesday, November 6, 2018 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Agile Policy Busting
Wednesday, November 7, 2018 (10:25 am – 11:25 am)
- Make You Think
Thursday, November 8, 2018 (10:40 am – 11:40 am)