Speaker Interview – Daniel Lambert
How is your presentation relevant to the theme of this year’s BBC conference: Innovation in the Fast Lane?
Innovations are now happening at a more rapid pace and its affecting almost every organizations. It needs to be managed by a dedicated team within organizations using business architecture to build useful links between business and IT stakeholders to use existing innovations to the organization’s advantage and even create and use innovations of their own. My tutorial at BBC 2018 in San Antonio intends to explain how exactly an organization can keep up with innovating changes by setting priorities and delivering innovation rapidly using business and enterprise architecture proven methods. As for my presentation at BBC 2018, it will focus on the 7 Qualities that Top Innovating Business Architects should have to tackle the pace of changes that organizations are facing today.
What are your top tips for companies or employees wishing to innovate?
I’ve got 10 tips for them. Here they are:
- Develop an innovation strategy;
- Solve problems and reach new customers;
- Allow front-line employees to craft solutions;
- Look for ideas and feedback from suppliers, customers, competitors and other outside stakeholders;
- Don’t look for the magic solution. Focus on continuous incremental innovative improvements;
- Get early wins and promote them;
- Make sure to prioritize a great user experience from the beginning;
- Set a reasonable pace for change;
- Don’t expect every innovation project to be a winner. Just make sure that the winners’ outcomes are far greater then the unsuccessful ones; and
- Prioritize innovations with the most positive impacts and reasonable risks over others.
Building Business Capability is the only conference that provides insight into Business Analysis, Business Architecture, Business Process, Business Rules, Business Decisions, and Business Strategy & Transformation toward the pursuit of business excellence.